The book club will start with the latest book by Gianfranco Conti and Steve Smith called “Memory: What every language teacher should know”.
The idea is to discuss 4 chapters each meeting before having a final meeting with Conti himself. All discussions will be done in Spanish (and the occasional 'Spanglish' when necessary).
The dates for these meetings are as follows:
- Thursday 5 August, 4:30-5:30 pm – discussion on chapters 1 to 4
- Thursday 16 September, 4:30-5:30 pm – discussion on chapters 5 to 8
- Thursday 7 October, 4:30-5:30 pm – discussion on chapters 9 to 12
- Thursday 4 November, 4:30-5:300 pm – discussion on chapters 13 to 16
- Wednesday 1 December, 4-6 pm – final meeting with Conti.
The prices for this professional development opportunity are:
EARLY BIRD – until 5 pm Friday July 23
- STANSW members: $30
- Non-Members: $80
STANDARD - after 5pm Friday July 23
- STANSW members: $40
- Non-Members: $100
Please use our website to register.
Book available on Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/z22s78rh
For more information please contact Kati Varela, President of STANSW.