For those teaching Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish, you should now be using the new K-10 syllabus documents with all students K-10.
For those teaching Arabic, Modern Greek, Turkish and Vietnamese, you should be using the new syllabus documents with K-6, Year 7 and Year 9.
Make sure you bookmark and check out our curriculum support website to access our professional learning events and resources. We apologise that not all resources went up last term, as planned. The "back-end" of our website moved to a new platform, which resulted in a freeze to uploads for several weeks. We will ensure Stages 4 and 5 are fully populated by the end of this term.
Primary – staffing update
- Konnie Zagrimanis continues in the role of Languages Adviser, K-6.
- Stephen Nogher continues in the role of Languages Officer, K-6.
- Anastasia Casimatis has joined the team as Languages Resource Development Officer.
Secondary – staffing update
- Elisabeth Robertson continues as Coordinator, Languages and Culture.
- Evia Kyriacou is A/Languages Adviser in Term 1, while the position is being recruited.
- Coreena Allen, Marcela Ayas and Maxine Acosta continue as Language Officers, joined by Shanelle Ingram for Term 1 (relieving for Evia).
We are looking forward to working with you all again in 2020, and have lots of exciting events planned, including "Assessment and reporting in 7-10" workshops, network meetings and conferences for language teachers in the Hunter/Central Coast region and for Japanese teachers.