provide excellent language models and allow students to respond to content in a variety of ways. It can also be used to give feedback and assess student achievement. Embedding student presentations on a class blog makes authentic cross-cultural conversations possible.
Language teachers can use this tool to differentiate instruction by providing open-ended questions and a range of choices to demonstrate learning, engage in conversations and respond critically to the ideas of others. VoiceThread allows students to work through content at their own pace and is a great option for students who lack confidence or need extra time to compose their thoughts or rehearse their answers.
View some examples
- Poetry Voicethread: https://voicethread.com/?#q.b119840.i725907
- French fluency and history Voicethread:
- A Spanish vocabulary Voicethread:
- A simple activity using adverbs of frequency: http://icteas.wordpress.com/category/animated-doodling/
- Voicethread embedding video and animated doodles: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-9820559-2.html