1. The network meeting will run for 2 hours and will focus on the new Extension support materials.
2. For teachers who would like to stay on, the network meeting will be followed by the Stage 6 school-based assessment in languages course which will contribute to 2.5 hours of registered professional learning.
Date: Monday 28 October 2019
1:30-3:30pm network meeting (Extension materials)
4:00-6:00pm Stage 6 school-based assessment in languages
Venue: Willoughby Girls High School
Session names and codes:
Language Teachers' Network Sydney North Term 4 (NR25534) and
Sydney North – Stage 6 school-based assessment in languages (RG04979)
Participants will be required to enrol for both courses if they wish to attend both sessions.
For the Stage 6 school-based assessment in languages course, there are 4 components that will need to be completed in order to receive the registered hours of professional learning:
- pre-task – identifying and demonstrating the mandatory weightings and components of assessment tasks, which will be emailed to you one week prior to the workshop
- 2 hour workshop – developing an understanding of the legislative and syllabus requirements
- post-task – designing an effective assessment task to be used with their Stage 6 language class(es) which will be assessed using the post-task marking criteria
- the post-event evaluation.
All languages teachers living and/or working in the area are welcome to attend. For Stage 6 school-based assessment in languages, DoE teachers are eligible to receive the registered hours if they complete all components; non-DoE teachers can include this session as Teacher Identified hours.
For further details please contact Margaret Wajs or Evia Kyriacou.