The language-specific writing teams will consist of up to 3 teachers for each of the following languages:
- - Chinese
- - French
- - German
- - Indonesian
- - Italian
- - Japanese
- - Korean
- - Spanish.
- Language-specific writers require expertise in the target language and be experienced in programming for Stages 4 and 5.
- In addition, applicants must have attended one of our Languages K-10 Framework and Syllabus Familiarisation and Planning Workshops 2018.
Teachers from all areas of NSW are encouraged to apply. To be eligible, teachers must be permanent or temporary in a NSW public secondary school.
Successful applicants will be required to attend training and/or writing days at our offices in Darlinghurst for up to 5 days. The location is negotiable after the first day of training.
The positions will commence mid-late Term 3.
The Languages and Culture team will provide release to attend training and/or writing days. Travel and accommodation costs may also be reimbursed, if required.
Selection criteria (to be addressed in a statement of claim, not exceeding one A4 page):
- - language teacher or executive member (with language-teaching background) at a NSW public secondary school – permanent or temporary
- - capacity to develop and design high-quality resources and support material to support the implementation of the new K-10 language syllabuses
- - demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- - comprehensive knowledge of the relevant new syllabus document, including participation at a syllabus familiarisation and planning workshop (please indicate date and venue in your application).
All applications require the endorsement of the applicant’s current principal. Please attach one A4 page addressing the selection criteria to the expression of interest form, and email as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 31 August 2018.
For further information contact Maxine Acosta, Language Officer on 9266 8540 or via email.