An expression of interest addressing the criteria, of no more than 2 pages in length should be submitted to Ms Tomoko Takahata, A/Deputy Principal by 4pm on Friday 4 December 2020.
Statement of duties
- Designing and delivering quality teaching and learning programs appropriate to the needs of distance education students; following syllabuses in accordance with NESA and Department of Education rules, regulations and memoranda; following NSW School of Languages subject information, assessment policies and procedures
- Accurate record keeping on students’ record cards, register, mark book and reports in the online administrative system
- Other duties as determined by the Head Teacher or Deputy Principal.
- Teaching qualifications for Stage 5 and 6 in one or more of the languages listed and demonstration of successful teaching experience and curriculum implementation for the additional skills listed above. Must have current NSW Department of Education approval to teach.
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare needs to design, create and deliver quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs to suit the needs of distance education students, including the incorporation of digital technologies.
- Skills and/or experience in the use of information and communication technology (ICT) for teaching, communication and administration purposes.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as an effective and harmonious team member.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of public education.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies.
The EOI should provide your qualifications and special aptitudes for this position whilst addressing the selection criteria. Please indicate which language/s you will teach and how many days per week you will be available. All teachers are expected to work on Wednesdays in order to attend staff and faculty meetings and are expected to participate in whole school activities.
For further information contact Tomoko Takahata.