VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia presentation tool that allows students to comment on images, documents and videos using text, video and audio files. Teachers can use this tool to set up lessons which
provide excellent language models and allow students to respond to content in a variety of ways. It can also be used to give feedback and assess student achievement. Embedding student presentations on a class blog makes authentic cross-cultural conversations possible.
Language teachers can use this tool to differentiate instruction by providing open-ended questions and a range of choices to demonstrate learning, engage in conversations and respond critically to the ideas of others. VoiceThread allows students to work through content at their own pace and is a great option for students who lack confidence or need extra time to compose their thoughts or rehearse their answers.
View some examples
- Poetry Voicethread: https://voicethread.com/?#q.b119840.i725907
- French fluency and history Voicethread:
- A Spanish vocabulary Voicethread:
- A simple activity using adverbs of frequency: http://icteas.wordpress.com/category/animated-doodling/
- Voicethread embedding video and animated doodles: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-9820559-2.html
Note: The non-DoE events and products mentioned on this site are included at the reader's discretion. The inclusion of this information is not an endorsement by the DoE.