- - Lower North Coast/Port Macquarie
- - Far North Coast/Ballina
- - Northwest NSW/Tamworth
- - Southern Highlands
- - Central West/Dubbo/Orange
- - Virtual network.
Teachers of languages, including Head Teachers, who would like to support the Languages Network project, are invited to submit an expression of interest. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for language teachers who are possibly considering higher accreditation in the future.
Successful applicants will receive one days’ relief per term until the end of 2018, in order to plan meetings and organise professional learning.
There will also be an initial orientation day in Term 4 2017, to provide training in MyPL, Adobe Connect, SchoolBiz and other relevant platforms. Reimbursement for travel and accommodation costs for non-metropolitan teachers is available to attend the orientation day.
Networks facilitate the sharing of expertise, knowledge and resources between colleagues and with other network groups.
- leading the network and providing feedback to the Languages and Culture team
- - facilitating meetings (formal and informal), venues and keeping of records including agendas, minutes attendance and network membership
- - identifying professional learning needs for teachers of languages
- - ongoing communications and support of language teachers within their network
- - supporting teachers of languages in working towards and maintaining accreditation at a range of career stages.
All expressions of interest require the signature of the applicant’s principal. Please email the completed form (below) as a scanned PDF to email@example.com by Friday 3 November 2017.
For further information contact Darlene Knowles, Language Officer on 9266 8536.