Assessment and reporting in 7-10 – new languages syllabuses.
The workshop will be rolled out statewide and is NESA-registered for 5 hours.
This course has been developed as a 1-day face-to-face workshop and leads language teachers through the changes they will need to make to assessment and reporting in order to align with the new syllabuses.
The learning intentions of the course are:
- understand the difference between assessment as, for and of learning, and a task-based approach to assessment of learning
- understand Common Grade Scale and the newly released Course Performance Descriptors for languages and understand their application in determining student achievement of course outcomes
- understand how to report on student achievement in line with the new syllabus and tailored for the school context
- write better quality assessment tasks and design marking criteria that clearly describe student achievement
- explore sample marking guidelines and draft marking guidelines differentiated across 5 grades (A-E) for one task.
The course is for languages teachers 7-10 from NSW public schools.
Enrol via MyPL, course code RG09900.
Upcoming event dates and venues are:
Monday 16 March – Parramatta
Wednesday 18 March – Wollongong
Monday 23 March – Sydney CBD
Tuesday 24 March – Sydney CBD
Wednesday 25 March – Queanbeyan
Wednesday 25 March – Terrigal
Friday 27 March – Newcastle
Tuesday 31 March – Coffs Harbour
Wednesday 1 April – Ballina
Friday 1 May – Parramatta
Thursday 7 May – Armidale
Tuesday 12 May – Port Macquarie
Thursday 14 May – Wagga
Thursday 21 May – Dubbo
Friday 22 May – Bathurst
Separate sessions will be held for teachers from Saturday School of Community Languages and NSW School of Languages. Teachers from these two schools are to await advice for dates and venues from their schools.
If you have further questions, contact Evia Kyriacou or call 7814 2820.