If you teach at a selective or partially selective school and haven't yet received an invitation, please email email@example.com if you would like to attend. Applications close 5pm this Wednesday (21 April).
The conference will run online, via Microsoft Teams.
Session 1 – plenary
1. Welcome – Tanya Taggart (French teacher) and Kathy Coady (Head Teacher, Languages), North Sydney Boys HS
2. ‘High potential and gifted students and the link to effective pedagogy in languages’ – Elisabeth Robertson, Coordinator, Languages and Culture
Morning tea break
Session 2 – plenary
Information sharing with a focus on Stages 4 and 5
1. Student assessment tasks based on the new syllabus (focus on the use of language in authentic ways)
Stage 5 (Year 9) assessment task, accessing and responding – Tanya Taggart (10 mins) and teacher contribution
2. Student engagement: How to keep our students interested and keen to progress to Stage 6 (teacher contribution
3. Student engagement: ideas for incursions and local excursions
Stage 4 (Year 8) languages day – Katherine Coady (15mins) and teacher contribution
Discussion on event location for 2022