- - Chinese
- - French
- - German
- - Indonesian
- - Italian
- - Japanese
- - Modern Greek
- - Spanish.
- The Languages and Culture team (Learning and Teaching Directorate – Secondary Education) will develop new language-specific support materials, to be published on the NSW Department of Education’s curriculum website.
Successful applicants will be required to attend training and/or writing days at our offices in Darlinghurst for up to 5 days. The writing teams will commence early Term 1 2019.
The Languages and Culture team will provide release to attend training and/or writing days. Travel and accommodation costs may also be reimbursed, if required.
This project will provide teachers with the opportunity to develop their capacity as a curriculum leader and may be used as evidence for higher levels of accreditation.
Statement of duties of language-specific writers:
- - commit to develop high quality resources and support materials for the new Stage 6 Extension course prescriptions within set timeframes
- - collaborate both face-to-face and virtually with other language-specific writers in their teams
- - commit to participate in up to 5 days of writing.
- - language teacher or executive member (with language-teaching background) at a NSW public secondary school – permanent or temporary
- - experience in teaching Stage 6 Extension course for the relevant language
- - capacity to develop and design high-quality resources and support materials
- - demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
All applications require the endorsement of the applicant’s current principal. Please complete the attached form, including the selection criteria, and email as a PDF to Maxine Acosta by 5pm Wednesday 12 December 2018.