To date, we have had over 500 secondary teachers attend one of our K-10 syllabus familiarisation and planning workshops. We are now planning our next steps (for the coming 6-12 months) to support secondary teachers in NSW public schools with their planning. This will include:
- answers to questions raised at the workshops, and answers to frequently asked questions (published via languagesnsw.com)
- an eCourse for release in Term 4, designed for teachers who were unable to attend a workshop, or who'd like to revisit the content
- syllabus "quick bites", delivered via Adobe Connect, to provide more information about key aspects which teachers indicated they found challenging, such as authentic language use
- programming days in a range of venues across NSW
- updating the education.nsw.gov.au website to include sample scope and sequences, units of work and assessment tasks in a range of languages - we currently have an EOI in SchoolBiz for writers, if you'd like to work with us).
Many teachers have also requested a copy of our planning template, which we have attached below.
Working so closely with teachers over the last term and a half has been been so exciting for us – we have loved seeing your enthusiasm and learning from your great ideas.
Our primary team has also been running workshops for K-6 teachers in a range of venues, and will continue their support through a range of avenues, including programming days.