Are you an experienced teacher of Korean, German or Italian? We are currently finalising the new 2021-2022 cohort of the VLMN program and are looking for experienced teachers of these languages who are interested in mentoring beginning language teachers.
The Virtual Language Mentoring Network (VLMN) was established in 2017 to support beginning language teachers 7-12. Beginning and geographically remote teachers of languages often work as the only language teacher in the school and have specific needs which cannot always be met at the school level.
Beginning and/or isolated language teachers (mentees) are matched with an experienced language teacher (mentors) for the duration of the VLMN program. The VLMN program will begin with a centrally-located conference for both mentors and mentees. The Languages and Culture team will provide release to participants to facilitate mentoring support and to attend targeted professional learning for the duration of the VLMN program.
The VLMN will:
• identify professional learning needs for mentees and mentors
• implement evidence-based mentoring practices to develop the capacity of mentees
• support teachers of languages in working towards and maintaining accreditation at a range of career stages
• build the capacity of virtual and face-to-face language teacher networks
• provide significant professional development opportunities for all mentors and mentees.
The VLMN includes the program leaders from the Languages and Culture team, and school-based language teacher mentors working to support the mentee teachers.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org