These teachers often work as the only language teacher in the school and may have specific needs which cannot always be met at school level.
The 2019-2020 cohort of the VLMN includes a Language Officer, Evia Kyriacou, from the Languages and Culture team, 2 lead mentors, 1 beginning mentor and up to 10 school-based language teacher mentors (selected via expressions of interest) working to support the mentee teachers.
Expressions of interest are invited from experienced language teachers of:
- - Chinese (1 mentor required)
- - French (1 mentor required)
- - German (1 mentor required)
- - Italian (1 mentor required)
- - Japanese (5 mentors required)
- - Spanish (1 mentor required).
Mentors will be providing support from Term 3 2019 until the end of Term 4 2020 and relevant professional learning will be provided for all successful applicants.
The VLMN will:
- - identify professional learning needs for mentees and mentors
- - implement evidence-based mentoring practices to develop the capacity of mentees
- - support teachers of languages in working towards and maintaining accreditation at a range of career stages
- build the capacity of virtual and face-to-face language teacher networks.
The VLMN will begin with a centrally-located 3-day conference for both mentors and mentees. The Languages and Culture team will provide release and related expenses to participants to facilitate mentoring support and to attend targeted professional learning.
Please complete the Google survey, and download and complete the attached EOI form and submit by 5pm on Friday 14 June 2019 to email@example.com