The Languages and Culture team is very excited to publish a new generic unit starter (unit of work) which supports the cross curriculum priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, and sustainability – a sustainable future, making changes together.
The unit can be taught over 4-5 weeks and includes the following key inquiry questions:
- - What does Country/Place mean to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples?
- - How has our local area changed over time?
- - What can be learnt from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in relation to sustainable practices?
- - How do a range of cultures represent the seasons?
- - What can we do to support sustainability?
- - How do we share key information with the community in an engaging format?
You can access the unit starter from your language-specific page (see below) or, for other languages, from our Stages 4 and 5 landing page.
If you create any language-specific resources to support this unit starter, we’d love you to share them – please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy exploring this unit starter as much as we enjoyed creating it.