The workshops are for language teachers of Stages 4 and 5 from NSW public schools. This course is Interim Accredited PD until 31 July 2021. Course completions for this course will be transferred to teachers' NESA eTAMS accounts as Accredited PD.
This course leads you through the changes you'll need to make to assessment and reporting in order to align with the new K-10 syllabuses.
There are 5 workshops planned for Term 1:
Tuesday 16 February
Thursday 25 February
Monday 15 March
Tuesday 23 March
Monday 29 March
More events, both through Teams and face-to-face workshops, will be available later in 2021.
The learning intentions of the course are:
- understand the difference between assessment as, for and of learning, and a task-based approach to assessment of learning
- understand the Common Grade Scale and the newly released Course Performance Descriptors for languages and understand their application in determining student achievement of course outcomes
- explore sample marking guidelines and draft marking guidelines differentiated across 5 grades (A-E) for one task
- write quality assessment tasks and design marking criteria that clearly describe student achievement
- understand how to report on student achievement in line with the new syllabus and tailored for the school context.
Enrol via MyPL, by searching for the course or following this link. Places are limited.