We are seeking presenters for the following workshops on important themes which have been identified in collaboration with the tertiary sector:
- - innovative and effective classroom teaching and learning strategies
- - student engagement and advocacy, for example ideas to establish a positive and successful language program within a school; a focus on rural and remote settings would be valuable; topics could include addressing the value of language learning, excursions as meaningful learning experiences and activities to engage students in languages
- - managing multi-level classrooms, for example, practical strategies to teach students of varying levels of language ability in the one class, including composite junior and senior classes
- - future-focused learning, for example collaborative tools and apps to enhance learning, strategies for blended learning and flipped classrooms and connecting with language speakers beyond the classroom
- - programming and assessment for the new Languages K-10 syllabuses.
Successful applicants will be funded for two days' release from schools – one day to prepare the presentation and one day to attend the conference. Travel and accommodation will also be reimbursed, if required.
- - Workshop sessions are 45-50 minutes.
- - Workshop sessions must cater for preservice teachers of all languages but may have language-specific examples.
- - Two teachers may submit a joint EOI to present together.
- - Draft PowerPoint presentations and workshop resources, if applicable, must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 9 November 2018.
Expressions of interest will be considered based relevance of the presentation to the conference themes. Successful applicants will be notified by email by 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
All expressions of interest require the signature of the applicant’s current principal. Please complete the form below, and email as a PDF to email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Monday 22 October 2018.
For further information contact Darlene Knowles, Language Officer on 9266 8536.