The workshops are for language teachers of Stages 4 and 5 from NSW public schools, and are NESA registered for 5 hours. They will be delivered through Microsoft Teams.
This course leads you through the changes you'll need to make to assessment and reporting in order to align with the new K-10 syllabuses.
There are 4 workshops planned for Term 4:
- Monday 26 October
- Friday 6 November
- Thursday 12 November
- Tuesday 24 November.
More events, both through Teams and face-to-face workshops, will be available in 2021.
The learning intentions of the course are:
- understand the difference between assessment as, for and of learning, and a task-based approach to assessment of learning
- understand the Common Grade Scale and the newly released Course Performance Descriptors for languages and understand their application in determining student achievement of course outcomes
- explore sample marking guidelines and draft marking guidelines differentiated across 5 grades (A-E) for one task
- write quality assessment tasks and design marking criteria that clearly describe student achievement
- understand how to report on student achievement in line with the new syllabus and tailored for the school context.
Enrol via MyPL, course code RG09900. Places are limited.