Welcome back from the summer holidays – we hope you all enjoyed a restful break and are feeling refreshed as we start the 2019 school year.
For those teaching K-6, Year 7 and Year 9, you will be implementing the new K-10 language syllabuses (Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish) this year so it’s a busy and exciting time for us all!
Make sure you bookmark and check out the curriculum support website to access our professional learning events and resources.
Primary – staffing update
- Konnie Zagrimanis joins us as Languages Adviser, K-6. Konnie joins us from NESA and brings a wealth of experience with her for the next 3 years in the role.
- We’d also like to welcome Stephen Nogher as Acting Languages Officer, K-6. Stephen will be with us for Term 1 2019, and teaches Italian at Waverley PS.
- Thank you to Ashley Nouris and Melinda Wiecek, who job-shared the Languages Officer position in 2018. Ashley and Melinda have both returned to their school-based positions.
- Finally, congratulations to Sana Zreika who has taken up her new role as Principal, Saturday School of Community Languages.
Secondary – staffing update
- The Languages and Culture team has a new Languages Adviser position to support teachers 7-12 in NSW public school, and we’d like to congratulate Maxine Acosta on her appointment to this role. Maxine’s substantive position is as Language Officer.
- We also welcome back Evia Kyriacou from Bulli HS, who is relieving in Michelle Walls’ position for Term 1 2019.