Thank you very much for your continue support.
Year 12 speaking sessions
The Tanken Centre has been offering online group speaking sessions for new Year 12 students in Term 4. Due to ongoing restrictions, we have just cancelled planned face-to-face excursions for the week 1-5 November. As such, we now have these dates available for online speaking sessions, if you would like to book an online session.
(We may offer more dates during November and December depending on the COVID restrictions on face-to-face excursions to the centre.)
Each session runs for 40 minutes, through Zoom.
Students will be divided into breakout rooms and the Tanken Centre staff and class teacher will spend 10 minutes with a set of questions in each room. Staff will rotate through the rooms to ensure students have the opportunity to practise with 3 different speakers.
After the speaking rotations are complete, the groups will come back together in the main room and students will be given feedback.
Year 10 online sessions
We are offering 30-minute online sessions for Year 10 students.
The session includes:
1. Talking with staff (3 breakout rooms, 5 minutes x 3 times)
Each session runs for 30 minutes, through Zoom.
1. Talking with staff: Students will be divided into breakout rooms and the Tanken Centre staff will spend 5 minutes conversing about a topic in each room. Staff will rotate through the rooms to ensure students have the opportunity to talk with 3 different speakers.
2. Quiz: After talking with the staff rotations are complete, the groups come back together in the main room and try 2 types of quizzes:
- Which is correct? Two Katakana words are shown on the screen and students have to choose the correct one based on what they hear by typing into the chat box.
- True or false: Students listen and see Japanese sentences on the screen and press the reaction button for true or false.
These sessions are free of charge. At this stage, sessions are only available to NSW public schools.
If you are interested in booking a Year 12 or Year 10 session for your students, please email the Tanken Centre with the following details:
- the course (please include Beginners or Continuers for Year 12)
- preferred dates and times (please provide at least 2 options)
- names of all attending students.
Bookings will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. As there is a high chance that you will not be able to get your first preference, please send several preferred dates with times. Please note that your session is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email.
Nihongo Tanken Centre
T: (02) 9542 5745 F: (02) 9542 5749