Languages Advisor, SEO 2 (ETS) - 171659 - 00003NVT
Providing curriculum policy advice and professional support to Public Schools NSW staff, and managing innovative projects to support the implementation of languages programs with a particular focus on Years 7-12.
- This is a temporary full time appointment up to 28 January 2018. Administrative hours and conditions apply.
- Location : Oxford Street
- Please address the selection criteria/screening questions.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via Jobs.NSW. No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.
- This is a child-related position. If you are not currently employed in a child-related position in the Department of Education and Communities, you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check. In addition, your employment may be subject to the Department's National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Aboriginal Education Review Information
Proof of Identity information
CRIMTRAC form to be included with your application
Declaration for child-related position to be included with your application
The closing date for this position is 5 June 2015
Sydney Region-Sydney - East
Number of Positions
Total Remuneration Package: $139,420 - Package includes salary ($125,774), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Contact Kim Proctor - (02) 9244 5561
05-Jun-2015, 11:59:00 PM
Education and/or training
Department of Education & Communities
Targeted Questions / Selection Criteria
- Teaching qualifications and recent school based experience within Years 7-12.
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of languages curriculum content and current issues, resources, quality teaching and assessment, current policies and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic policy advice and capacity to harness ICTs to produce innovative languages programs and services.
- Capacity to build the capability of Public Schools NSW staff especially in the implementation of languages syllabuses.
- Proven ability to develop and manage teams and work collaboratively within and across teams, and to establish and nurture productive networks.
- High level written and oral communication, people management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of public education.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies.