Strategies to use the target language in the classroom
13 March 2017 3:30 - 4:00pm
The Tanken Centre is offering a 30 minute Adobe Connect professional learning opportunity for teachers of Japanese to share their ideas regarding using Japanese in the classroom.
If you are the only Japanese teacher at your school, it can be hard to find someone who can answer your questions about Japanese language and culture. This session is for teachers who are in this situation.
Please send us your questions prior to the session.
- I want to know how Japanese teachers address their students.
- How do Japanese students remember kanji?
- Is it true that Japanese people eat KFC on Christmas day?
- Can you recommend any suitable Japanese DVDs?
We will do our best to answer your questions. All questions are welcome, including questions regarding intonation and pronunciation.
We will look at the following strategies:
- Increasing the use of Japanese in the classroom.
- Broadening students’ interest in Japanese culture and motivating them to study beyond HSC.
- Organising engaging classroom activities and providing clear directions.
This session can contribute 30 minutes of teacher-identified PL addressing Standard 7.4.2
Excursion Bookings for 2017
We have been taking bookings for 2017 since the beginning of this term.
If you are interested in bringing your students or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Thank you very much for your wonderful support throughout the year.
I hope you enjoy a well-deserved holiday.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
I am really looking forward to seeing you in 2017.
Nihongo Tanken Japanese Language Centre
Learning & Teaching Directorate
21 Hunter St, Kirrawee NSW 2232
T: (02) 9542 5745 F: (02) 9542 5749