Date: Monday 16-Thursday 19 January 2023
Venue: The Japan Foundation, Sydney
- be an Australian teacher of primary levels K-6 (teachers of Years 7-8 may apply) or a New Zealand teacher of primary levels Years 1-8 (teachers of Years 9-10 may apply)
- be currently teaching Japanese a minimum of 3 hours per week
- not be a native or near-native Japanese
- be able to read Hiragana and Katakana without any difficulty
- be at least JLPT N5 level of Japanese language proficiency
- be able to attend each day in full.
Pre-service teachers must:
- - be currently studying in the final year of their teaching course in university towards being a primary school level Japanese teacher in Australia, or have graduated from a teaching course on a primary school level in Australia within the past two years and be actively seeking teaching work
- - not be a native or near-native Japanese speaker
- - be able to read Hiragana and Katakana without any difficulty
- - be at least JLPT N5 level of Japanese language proficiency
- - be able to attend each day in full.
Fees: There will be NO participation fee.
All travel costs, flights, accommodation and transport, will be the responsibility of the participants.
Partial scholarships: The Languages and Culture team is offering partial scholarships of $300 for travel and/or accommodation expenses for teachers who live outside the Sydney metropolitan area.
Applicants must be a Stage 4 temporary or permanent teacher in a NSW DoE central or secondary school. For more information and to apply, please see attached document.
Application closing date: Monday 28 November 2022
Enquiries: For more information can be found visit the Japan Foundation website.
The Japan Foundation, Sydney
Phone: (02) 8239 0055