13 March 2017 from 3:30 – 4:00pm
Log in at: https://connect.schools.nsw.edu.au/nihongo/
If you are the only Japanese teacher at your school, it can be hard to find someone who can answer your questions about Japanese language and culture. This session is for teachers who are in this situation.
Please send your questions before the session to Mieko.Shida4@det.nsw.edu.au.
- - I want to know how Japanese teachers address their students. e.g. Smith kun? Smith? Tom? Tom kun? Lisa san? Lisa chan?
- - How do Japanese students remember kanji?
- - Is it true that Japanese people eat KFC on Christmas day?
- - Can you recommend any suitable Japanese DVDs?
All questions are welcome, including questions regarding intonation and pronunciation.
The following strategies will be covered:
- - increasing the use of Japanese in the classroom
- - broadening students’ interest in Japanese culture and motivating them to study beyond HSC
- - organising engaging classroom activities and providing clear directions.
The session can contribute 30 minutes of teacher-identified PL addressing Standard 7.4.2.