Languages and Cultures network for Australian Universities (LCNAU) has been delighted to be supporting the OLT-funded project to establish a national languages portal. University Languages Portal Australia was launched at the LCNAU Colloquium in November, and from the feedback received already, we know this will be a welcome resource for both the secondary and tertiary sectors. Indeed, ULPA is a fantastic tool for language teachers and students alike, enabling users to find out which languages are taught at which universities in Australia, along with information on cross-institutional enrolment, whether languages can be studied online and the value of learning languages. While ULPA focuses particularly on languages offered at beginner level, information is also included for secondary students keen to continue on with their language studies at university. The little animation below gives an introduction to what ULPA has to offer.
The ULPA project team would be very grateful if you could assist in dissemination and promotion of the site, as well as providing feedback on areas for improvement. The following would be particularly helpful:
- Spend time looking through the site (ulpa.edu.au) and send through any comments via the 'Contact' page;
- Let people know about ULPA by circulating the attached flyer to schools, careers advisers and secondary school students;
- Share the link to the YouTube video on your website or Facebook page.
- "Like" the ULPA facebook page
- Add a link to ULPA (ulpa.edu.au) from your institution's/association's webpage and/or share it from relevant Facebook pages.
Dr Anya Lloyd-Smith
On behalf of the LCNAU Committee and the ULPA Project Team