The Department of Education is conducting state-wide consultation for DoE teachers on this K-10 Framework. This is your opportunity to give feedback to ensure that the new K-10 Languages Framework is a suitable basis for individual Languages syllabuses to be developed.
This is what you need to do to have your say on the K-10 Languages Framework :
1. Download the NSW Languages K-10 Draft Framework from the BOSTES website:
2. Read through the draft framework carefully.
3. Attend one of our online information sessions:
- 8 March 2016 (3:30-5pm), Video Conference VMR # 600082916
- 9 March 2016 (3:30-4:30pm), Adobe Connect connect.schools.nsw.edu.au/connectedlanguages
- 10 March 2016 (3:30-4:30pm), Adobe Connect connect.schools.nsw.edu.au/connectedlanguages
- 14 March 2016 (3:30-5pm), Video Conference VMR # 600082916
- If you haven't participated in an Adobe Connect session before, please download the 'how-to' guide attached and follow the instructions.
4. Complete the online survey by 14th March
Teachers are encouraged to participate in BOSTES-led consultation opportunities in addition to the Departmental consultation. Full details are available on the BOSTES website. Completing the BOSTES consultation meetings will contribute 2 hours of QTC Registered PD (addressing 6.2.2 and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers) towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.