The Australia Indonesia Association Commonwealth Bank Scholarship for High School students is an intense 2-week, expense paid immersion program in Jogjakarta, Indonesia. The course will run from 4-15th January 2016.
We appreciate the support of our major sponsor – the Commonwealth Bank.
The Course takes place in Jogjakarta, Central Java, Indonesia. The students will stay in a homestay with an Indonesian family, they will attend Indonesian school each day and have supervised missions into town to practice what they have learnt. The students will develop life skills, a deeper understanding of our nearest neighbour and have the experience of a lifetime. It is an intensive course.
We encourage students of all skill levels to apply.
The course is delivered by the Australian Indonesian Association of Victoria (AIAV) and was designed by Mr Tata Survi, an Indonesian Australian who leads Indonesian language study at various schools in Australia. AIAV has been running successful Indonesian immersion courses in Yogyakarta since 2007.
The Immersion course will be attended by paying students from Victoria in addition to the two NSW scholarship winners. Unsuccessful candidates may consider joining the course on a paying basis. For more information visit: www.aiav.org.au
Who can apply?
NSW High school students in Y 10 or Y 11 (Beginners and Continuers) who are studying Bahasa Indonesia. Students from all schools are welcome to apply – Public, Independent and Catholic. This year two students will be selected.
· Demonstrable ability in Bahasa Indonesia and have the intention to continue Bahasa Indonesia studies.
· Engaged with the wider school or community in a range of activities.
· Maturity, determination.
· The potential to be a cultural ambassador.
· Student to keep a diary and be prepared to report back on the experience.
· Will keep a diary or blog to share the experience and promote the study of Bahasa Indonesia after returning.
· Provide a letter of support from the school’s Indonesian language teacher and a sign off by the school principal on application.
· Shortlisted candidates to complete an interview with AIA NSW
It includes a return flight Sydney-Yogyakarta, assistance to travel to Sydney if required, homestay with an Indonesian family, 2-week language course and meals. Passport, travel insurance and visa are excluded.
How to apply:
1) Complete the application form via our Survey Monkey form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BR386G7
2) Complete and return the CONSENT FORM 2016 – AIA CommBank Scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org
14th August: Applications Close
Aug-Sept: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
30th September: Winners announced
For more information:
Miriam Tulevski, Education Convenor, Australia Indonesia Association NSW
Tel: 0419 425 455 Email: email@example.com