The Certificate of Attainment in Greek is the only national, officially recognised by the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs certificate that confirms the knowledge of Greek as a foreign/second language at 6 levels, starting from A1 for children 8-12 years old to C2 for adults.
Candidates can register online for the Certificate of Attainment 2020 following the link below:
This online environment gives candidates access to the May 2020 application and questionnaire. It is strongly advised that candidates register online. However, if this is not possible, candidates can apply on a paper application form. Attached are the following documents with informative material and the paper application form.
1. The application form
2. Examination dates and fees
3. Questionnaire for completion by candidates (the questionnaire will be used for statistical research purposes by the Centre for the Greek Language)
4. Questionnaire for candidates 8-12 years old (Level A1)
5. Price list for past papers
6. Order form for past papers
7. Candidates' guide
Applications for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek 2020 will close on 22 March 2020.
Key examination dates (exact place and time tbc):
18 May (level C2)
19 May (levels A1, A2, B1)
20 May (levels B2, C1)
Candidates who may reach the age of 8 on 31 May 2020 have the right to sit the exam. In
particular, children 8-12 years old (8 years of age and not older than 12 years old by 31 May 2020)
have the right to participate in A1 (8-12 years) examinations. There is no other age restriction. Candidates under the age of 16 may not wish to take part in the B2, C1 and C2 examinations, as the content of the examinations requires knowledge and experience that younger candidates may not have.
Candidates will need to:
1. pay the registration fee
2. register online (or using the paper registration form)
3. expect to receive email confirming registration (please keep your deposit receipt as proof of payment until you receive the email from the Certificate of Attainment in Greek 2020 Sydney Coordinator confirming your registration).
Once candidates complete the above 3 steps, their registration will be complete. Candidates should also expect to receive an additional email in April from the Certificate of Attainment in Greek 2020 Sydney Coordinator with their Candidates Card, which will detail their Identity Number, and the exact place and time of the oral and written examinations.
For further details regarding the examination fees, please visit:
For sample past exam papers, please refer to:
For more information regarding the Certificate of Attainment and the appropriate level of candidates, please visit: www.greeklanguage.gr/certification