Language assistants support the English teacher to improve students’ conversation and pronunciation skills, and increase students’ knowledge of Australian everyday life, culture, literature and current issues. Language assistants work for approximately 12 hours per week, plus lesson preparation time.
If awarded the scholarship, you will commence your stay in Germany with an introductory seminar in August/September, and finish on 31 May of the following year. 12 positions are available each year. This is an excellent opportunity to spend an extended period of time in Germany and perhaps even study a semester at a German university.
- €800.00 per month, health, accident and public liability insurance
- One-off travel grant of €1000.00
- - have completed a tertiary degree (BA or similar)
- - have a very good knowledge of German
- - be under the age of 29, be in good health and independent.
Deadline: 15 March 2016
For details and application forms please visit the Goethe-Institut website: www.goethe.de/australia
-> German language -> Teaching German -> Professional development in Germany