This professional learning event will focus on how to effectively implement the new K-10 French syllabus, including:
- task-based approach to teaching
- differentiated pedagogy in class
- sourcing and using authentic resources.
This is an immersion event and will be conducted in French by the Alliance Française teaching team at their venue in the Sydney CBD.
The flyer and registration details are attached. Registration closes on Monday 8 April 2019.
The Languages and Culture team is committed to supporting language teachers (7-12) from NSW public schools to maintain their language skills and we are offering partial scholarships for teachers to attend this workshop.
Our partial scholarship will contribute towards the registration fee, as well as up to $500 for travel and accommodation expenses to successful applicants.
In selecting scholarship recipients, the Languages and Culture team will consider location to ensure that a mix of metropolitan, rural and regional teachers have the opportunity to attend.
Selection criteria (to be addressed in a supporting statement not exceeding one A4 page):
- - teacher of French currently employed in an NSW public school
- - teaching load of at least 50% French (Stages 4-6)
- - commitment to promoting languages in your school
- - commitment to professional learning in French/languages.
All applications require the signature of the applicant’s current principal. Please attach your supporting statement to the expression of interest form, and email as a PDF to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 5 April 2019.
For more information please contact Evia Kyriacou via email or on 9244 5573.