NAFT represents over 320 French teachers in NSW. We value your opinion and would like your input.
We would ask that you to take the time to read through the list below and the attached PDF document with links and information in relation to the choices NAFT received for consideration at the October 2014 AGM. Click here to access the supplementary information related to the suggestions. Click Persepolis to access information related to this text.
We are sending this to you at this time to give you the opportunity to enjoy some fine reading of the suggested texts and viewing of the suggested films over the coming Christmas break.
A survey is attached for you to submit your choices in order of priority. Click on the link just below.
We also ask that you fill in your teaching sector: STATE/CATHOLIC/ INDEPENDENT
Click here to access the survey.
The survey will close on January 26th 2015
We will submit your priorities to BOSTES in early 2015. We cannot guarantee that any of these choices will be accepted but can only hope that BOSTES will consider any and all these suggestions as representative of the considered input of the French teachers of NSW.
We have had a few other suggestions, such as Le Petit Prince and the poetry of Prévert. They are wonderful texts with excellent themes, however, it was judged very difficult to be able to set a PART B question based on these texts.
If you have other suggestions that you would like BOSTES to consider, please don’t hesitate to send your ideas directly to Howard Jacobs, Inspector of Languages at BOSTES. firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed new texts for HSC extension 2019-2023.
LIST OF SUGGESTIONS IN ORDER OF RECEIPT
1. FILM- DE TOUTES NOS FORCES- See attached information.
2. FILM- PERSEPOLIS
3. TEXT - LA PETITE FILLE DE MONSIEUR LINH – Philppe CLAUDEL (deals with refugees / displacement / isolation and human relationships)
- See attached information. If you cannot access the information search the net to obtain more info.
4. FILM- LES INTOUCHABLES- Very popular with wide ranging themes eg immigration, social class, prejudice, Outsider, acceptance/rejection, truth-vs- lies.
This film is easily available in Australia however we have not checked whether a scenario is available. See attached information and links.
5. TEXT – UN HIVER AVEC BAUDELAIRE- Harold COBERT - see attached information.
6. TEXT – LE GONE DE CHAABA – see attached information
7. FILM- LES NEIGES DU KILIMANDJARO - see attached information
8. FILM- LA TETE EN FRICHE -see attached information
Submit your choice to NAFT.org.au