Visit the Literacy and Numeracy continuums support website
The NSW Literacy and Numeracy continuums K-10 outline a progression of student learning
from Kindergarten to Year 10. They identify essential skills and understandings regarded as critical to the success in learning across the school years. The continuums are powerful tools that all teachers can use to strengthen their knowledge of literacy and numeracy to deliver quality programs that enhance learning opportunities for students. In conjunction with the NSW syllabuses, the continuums assist teachers to integrate literacy and numeracy into all Key Learning Areas. The DEC recently launched the Literacy and Numeracy continuums support website to provide support to teachers in using the NSW Literacy and Numeracy continuums K-10. The site includes:
* quick guides to using the continuums
* an introduction to the continuums with links to print and interactive versions
* a range of high quality resources to support teachers, schools and educational leaders in using the continuums
* links to professional learning courses for teachers, schools and educational leaders to support the use of the continuums
* answers to frequently asked questions.